Please remember our February 18th meeting. Our meeting agenda will include Mel Genge demonstrating the turning of Kitchen Utensils (spatulas). For draw items we have gift cards from Lee Valley Tools, and some small bowl blanks from Windsor Plywood.
See you Monday
President – Hub City Turners
This year the Matisho Memorial Turn for Cancer Weekend will be considerably scaled down. Glen Friesen, our fearless, energetic, leader for the last many years has not been feeling well for a couple of months and has had to step back from the organizing. Glen had made the arrangements with Menno Industries prior to becoming ill, so we do have the facility secured.
Here is what you can expect for this years event.
- Dates are March 22, 23, 24
- Attendees are expected to make a contribution to the Cancer Society.
- We will be able to set up Friday March 22 after 4:00.
- The shop will be open Saturday March 23 from 8:00 until 5:00
- Sunday March 24 we will start clean up by 2:00 pm.
- Bring your own lathe, carving tools, paint or whatever you need.
- There will be no band saw, drill press or extra lathes.
- There will not be any food supplied beyond what we bring ourselves.
- There will NOT be a silent auction.
When I contacted Derek to confirm our meeting date; he asked if we could change the date. We had previously agreed to Feb 11th, despite the stat holiday. Derek has asked that in part due to the stat holiday, but mainly due to a very large shop build, that we switch to February 18th.
See you on February 18th. I will send out a meeting update later in the month.
Paul Schroeder Past President – Hub City Turners